29.1.10

Game Night: Toronto Maple Leafs vs New Jersey Devils

There's less than six minutes left in the second period of the game. Colton Orr just scored to make it 3-2 Devils. I was about to say, "Packing it in -- going to basketball," but things just got a little interesting. As long as Parise doesn't get his hat-trick goal, maybe the game's still in reach. If the Leafs can shut down that first line, there is hope.

Nevermind. Patrick Davis gets his first career NHL goal. Devils up 4-2 going into the third. I'm going out to play basketball.

This is what happens when you have a perennial losing team: with one period left, you're already calling it a game. I swear I never used to be this way. I would watch to the end, no matter the score. But seriously, giveaway after giveaway... hockey shouldn't look like The Ellen Degeneres Show.

There's still 20 minutes. But I doubt the Leafs will come back against Canada's potential Olympic starting goaltender.

No comments:

Post a Comment